Effective Date: May 15, 2021
Last Updated: November 16, 2022
California Notice of Collection of Personal Information: Galderma collects personal information listed below under “Information We Collect” for the purposes described below under “Information Use.” If you are a California resident, please scroll down to or click “Your California Privacy Rights” to learn more about your California privacy rights, including how to request that we not “sell” your personal information by clicking Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
A. Types of Information We Collect
Galderma collects information from or about you when you use the Services, including when you choose to share information with us. This may include information such as: your biographical information (e.g., name, address, email address, user name, telephone or mobile number, date of birth, or gender); user-generated content (e.g., ratings, reviews, comments, video, audio containing your image or voice, or call history); financial account information (e.g., to process payments); geo-location information; unique user identifiers (e.g. VoIP identifier, instant messaging ID, video chat identifier, or social networking login information, third party platform login information); medical or other health related information; and aesthetic information (e.g. treatment history, loyalty program history, treatment date, treatment type, treating healthcare professional). If you apply for a job at Galderma, we will ask for additional personal information, such as your social security number, government-issued identification number, and job history.
B. Information Passively Collected
Additionally, whenever you visit or interact with the Platform, Galderma or its vendors, may use a variety of technologies such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, local shared objects (Flash cookies), HTML5 cookies, or other technologies to passively collect information about your online activity. We may collect the following information about you:
- Computer or Device Information. We may collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address or other unique identifiers or information from the computer, mobile device, tablet, or other device you use to access the Platform, including but not limited to your browser type, device type, operating system, software version, phone model, phone operating system, carrier information, and the domain name from which you accessed the Services.
- Usage Information. We may collect information about your use of the Platform, including the date and time you visit the Platform, the areas or pages of the Platform that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the Platform, content entry, mouse movements, screen captures, the number of times you return to the Platform, other click-stream or usage data for Platform, emails that you open, forward or click-through to our Platform, and other sites that you may visit.
- Use of Analytic Technologies. We may use analytics vendors and tracking tools to better understand who is using the Platform, how people are using the Platform, how to improve the effectiveness of the Platform and related content, and to help us or our vendors serve more targeted advertising to you across the Internet. These tools may combine information from your interaction with the Platform with information collected from other sources.
To learn more about your choices relating to the collection and use of your information for certain advertising purposes, please see the “Your Choices and Opt-Outs” section below.
C. Information Collected From Other Sources
We may acquire information about you from other sources, such as healthcare professionals or select vendors (e.g., business partners, service providers, analytics vendors, and advertising networks). We may use this information to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect, prevent fraud, personalize your experience with the Platform, target our communications so that we can inform you of our or third party products, services or other offers that may be of interest to you, measure ad quality and responses, and administer the ASPIRE Program; and for other business purposes. We may also combine information about you that we receive from other parties with other information about you that we collect when you use the Platform or that you choose to share with us.
2. INFORMATION USE
A. Use by or for Galderma
Galderma may use the information we collect from and about you for the following business purposes:
- To provide you with the Services;
- To fulfill our contractual obligations;
- To respond to your inquiries, fulfill orders, contact and communicate with you when necessary;
- To review the usage and operations of our Platform, including the ASPIRE Program, develop new products or services, improve the Services, and conduct analyses to enhance or improve our content, products, and services;
- To administer the ASPIRE Program; and
- To use and disclose your payment or banking information only to process payments and prevent transactional fraud or otherwise to comply with applicable law.
Galderma may use the information we collect from and about you for the following commercial purposes:
- To provide you with customized content or targeted offers;
- To provide you with information, newsletters and promotional materials from Galderma and, or on behalf of, our marketing partners and affiliates; and
- To use your data in an aggregated non-specific format for analytical and demographic purposes.
Galderma may use information you provide to us for the following additional purposes:
- For other purposes disclosed at the time you provide your information or otherwise with your consent.
Additionally, if you use the Platform to connect with third party services, you may authorize us to use information from and about you, on your behalf, to interact with these third party services based on your requests.
B. How We Use Your Information for Interest-Based Advertising
For information on your choices with respect to interest-based ads, see the “Interest Based Advertising Choices” section below.
3. INFORMATION WE SHARE WITH OTHERS
We may share your personal information with the following:
- Vendors: We may share your information with vendors that provide business, professional, or technical support functions for us, help us operate our business and the Platform, or administer activities on our behalf.
- Healthcare Professional: To administer the ASPIRE Program, we may share your information (including your aesthetic information) with your healthcare professional.
- Business Partners and Affiliates: We may share your information with our select partners, affiliates, your healthcare professional(s) and other parties for their business, operational, promotional, and marketing purposes. These entities’ use of such information is subject to their respective privacy policies. Text messaging (SMS) originator opt-in data and consent will not be shared with any third parties for the third parties’ own business, operational, promotional, marketing, or other purposes without your prior expressed and informed consent. To learn more about your advertising choices relating to the collection and use of your information, please see the “Your Choices and Opt-Outs” section below.
- Sale or Transfer of Business or Assets: We may sell or purchase assets during the normal course of our business. If another entity acquires or intends to acquire us or any of our assets, information we have collected about you may be transferred to such entity. In addition, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, such information may be considered an asset of ours and may be sold or transferred to other parties.
4. YOUR CHOICES AND OPT-OUTS
A. Use of Tracking Cookies
Certain parts of our Sites and Apps require cookies. You may adjust your device or Internet browser settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features of the Services or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your device’s settings or your Internet browser’s “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your device or browser from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences.
B. Interest-Based Advertising Choices
- We and third party advertising networks, social media companies, and other services may collect information about your use of the Platform so that they or we may display interest-based advertising using information gathered about you over time across multiple websites or other platforms. To do this, we and our vendors use several tracking tools, such as browser cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. To learn more about such interest-based advertising, and to opt out of such collection and use for interest-based advertising by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) participating companies, please visit http://optout.aboutads.info.
- To opt-out of the use of your mobile device ID for targeted advertising, please see http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
Even if you opt out of cookie-based targeted advertising, you still may receive advertising that is not customized based on your usage information or interests.
Please note that options you select and choices you make with regard to cookies and tracking tools are browser- and device-specific. This means, for instance, that you need to make your selection on each browser and each device you use to access the Platform. If you clear your cookies or your browser’s cache, you will need to set your preferences again. If you block cookies, certain functionality of the Platform may become impaired or disabled.
C. Unsubscribing from our Marketing Communications
We provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of certain email marketing communications. To do so, you may:
- Send us an email at unsubscribeUS@galderma.com;
- Contact us by mail at the address below in the “How to Contact Us” section; or
- Unsubscribe from our email communications following the instructions contained within the email at any time.
Your instructions to limit the use of your information for these purposes will be processed by us as soon as reasonably practicable.
5. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please submit your request in writing by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Galderma Laboratories, L.P.
14501 North Freeway
Fort Worth, TX 76177
Attention: Chief Privacy Officer
Please include the statement “California Shine the Light” in the subject line of your e-mail or in the header of your mailed letter.
A. Your Rights
If you are a California resident, you may take advantage of the following rights:
- Right to Know: You may request that we disclose to you the categories and/or the specific pieces of personal information that we collect about you, the categories of sources from which we collected the personal information, the categories of personal information we sold or disclosed, our business or commercial purpose for collecting and selling the personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal information over the past 12 months
- Right to Delete: Subject to certain exceptions, you may request that we delete personal information that we have collected from you. Note that there are some reasons we will not be able to fully address your request, such as if we need to complete a transaction for you, to detect and protect against fraudulent and illegal activity, or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Right to Opt Out of the Sale of Personal Information: As described below, we share personal information with certain third parties to enable personalized ads on our Sites and Apps. You may request to opt out of these “sales” (as defined by California law) of personal information at any time using the Do Not Sell My Personal Information , or contact us using our webform or contact details provided below. Please note that if you would like to opt out of sales through certain cookie-based tracking for advertising purposes, you may separately click here. You can also visit www.aboutads.info/choices and https://optout.privacyrights.info to opt out of certain uses of cookies for advertising purposes. Your cookie-related selections are specific to the device, website, and browser you are using. Your selections are deleted whenever you clear your cookies or browser’s cache.
To make such requests, please contact us using our webform, at 1-866-735-4137 extension 3, or by mail at the address in the “How to Contact Us” section below. You must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field. We may take steps to verify your identity before responding to your request by asking you a series of questions about your previous interactions with us.
If you use an authorized agent to make a request, please have the agent complete the following webform. We may require the authorized agent to provide proof that you gave the agent signed permission to submit the request. We may also require you to verify your identity directly with us prior to fulfilling the authorized agent request.
If you exercise any of the foregoing rights, we will not discriminate against you, such as by denying you access to our products or restricting your access to products of certain pricing or quality.
From time to time, we may offer financial incentives in connection with the collection or use of personal information related to our loyalty programs. The material terms of the financial incentive will generally be presented to you at the time you sign up. You may withdraw from any financial incentive at any time by emailing us at email@example.com or by calling us at 1-866-735-4137 extension 3.
B. Personal Information Collection and Disclosures
- Identifiers/Biographical Information: These include your name, postal and email address, phone number, unique identifiers, and date of birth.
- Commercial information: This includes your purchase and usage history, and preferences.
- Internet/Electronic Activity: This includes your IP address, web/app browsing and search history related to our Platform, and information regarding your interaction(s) with the Platform.
- Profile Inferences: The inferences that we draw from your information and web activity to create a personalized profile so we can better identify goods and services that may be of interest.
- Financial Information: This includes your bank card and credit card information used to process payments.
- Customer Records/Medical/Health Insurance/Aesthetic Information: This includes treatment history, loyalty program history, treatment date, treatment type, treating healthcare professional.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law: This includes demographic information such as age or gender.
- Location Data: This includes mailing address, and geo-location information.
- Audio/Visual Information: This includes audio recordings during customer service calls.
- Professional/Employment Information: If you apply for a job, this may include your work experience or certifications.
Categories of Personal Information Collected:
- In the last 12 months, Galderma has collected the following categories of personal information for the business and commercial purposes listed above under “Section 2. Information Use”: Identifiers/Biographical Information, Commercial Information, Internet/Electronic Activity, Profile Inferences, Financial Information, Customer Records/Medical/Health Insurance/Aesthetic, Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, Location Data, Audio/Visual Information, and Professional/Employment Information associated with you.
Categories of Sources of Personal Information
- We collect these categories of personal information from the following sources as described in more detail under “Section 1. Information We Collect”: you, passive collection of information about your online activity, analytics vendors and tools, healthcare professionals, service providers, data brokers, advertising networks, and other select other parties (as discussed above).
Categories of Personal Information Sold
- In the last 12 months, Galderma has sold the following categories of personal information for its commercial purposes, including to provide you with customized content or targeted offers: Identifiers/Biographical Information, Internet/Electronic Activity, and Profile Inferences. The third parties to whom each identifier was sold are advertising networks and data analytics providers.
- Galderma does not knowingly sell the personal information of consumers under the age of 16 years.
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed
- In the last 12 months, Galderma has disclosed each of these categories of personal information to third parties for the business or commercial purposes described above in “Section 3. Information We Share With Others.”
6. EXTERNAL LINKS
The Platform may have links to third-party websites, which may have privacy policies that differ from our own. We are not responsible for the practices of such sites.
7. PUBLICATION OF USER SUBMISSIONS
Any information you may disclose on our Platform (e.g., ratings and reviews), in blogs, on message boards, in chat rooms, on social media, or in other public areas becomes public information. Please exercise caution when disclosing personal information in these public areas, including personal health information.
8. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
The Platform is meant for adults. We do not direct the Services or Platform to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, children under the age of 16.
10. HOW TO CONTACT US
Galderma Laboratories, L.P.
14501 North Freeway
Fort Worth, TX 76177
Attention: Chief Privacy Officer