Sales data confirm Galderma’s range of anti-acne products is the No.1 choice globally
Today, we are excited to announce that sales data from IQVIA confirm Galderma’s range of anti-acne products is officially the number one choice globally!1 The data were based on over the counter and pre-scription treatment sales across 75 countries around the world, including the US, UK and Brazil.1
Acne is more than ‘just a teenage skin condition’ – it affects 80% of adolescents and young adults and, if left untreated, can lead to scarring and pigmentation, meaning early and effective treatment is key.2-5 For many people living with the condition, acne can trigger feelings of depression, poor body image and low self-esteem: more than 90% of patients report feeling self-conscious because of their acne.6,7
At Galderma, we understand that the skin we’re in shapes our lives and are committed to advancing dermatology for every skin story. We are proud to be the go-to brand for people living with acne all over the world.
The broad range of acne treatments within the Galderma portfolio includes:
DIFFERIN® – the first once-daily topical treatment that targets a few of the underlying causes of acne.
EPIDUO® FORTE – a powerful combination topical treatment that significantly reduces inflammatory lesions and the risk of scarring.
AKLIEF® – the only formula in the world that delivers the newest and most precise retinoid molecule that rapidly clears acne blemishes and refines the acne skin.
TWYNEO® – a groundbreaking, first-of-its-kind combination treatment for moderate to severe acne.
- Based on internal analysis by Galderma using data from the following source: IQVIA: MIDAS® Global Quarterly, Q2 2022, ATC: D10 ANTI-ACNE PREPARATIONS, 75 countries, for the time period MAT Q2 2022 reflecting estimates of real-world activity. Copyright IQVIA. All rights reserved.
- Lynn DD, et al. Adolesc Health Med Ther. 2016;7:13–25.
- Gollnick H, et al. J Am Acad Deramtol. 2003;49:S1–37.
- Acne Support (BAD). Guide to Acne Myths. Available at: www.acnesupport.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Acne-Myths-Acne-Support-Guide.pdf. Date accessed: November 2022.
- Galderma data on file: Burden survey, acne scars qualitative and quantitative report, conducted by Kantar on behalf of Galderma, March 2020.
- American Academy of Dermatology Association (AAD). Acne can affect more than your skin. Available at: https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/acne/acne-emotional-effects. Date accessed: November 2022.
- Tan J, et al. Impact of facial and truncal acne on quality of life: A multi-country population-based survey. JAAD Int. 2021;3:102–110.
- Bhate K, Williams HC. Epidemiology of acne vulgaris. Br J Dermatol 2013;168:474–85.
- Hay RJ, et al. The global burden of skin disease in 2010: an analysis of the prevalence and impact of skin conditions. J Invest Dermatol 2014;134:1527–34.
- Tan J, et al. Prevalence and severity of facial and truncal acne in a referral cohort. J Drugs Dermatol. 2008;7(6):551–6.
- Del Rosso JQ, et al. A closer look at truncal acne vulgaris: prevalence, severity, and clinical significance. J Drugs Dermatol 2007;6:597–600.
- Layton AM, et al. Reviewing the global burden of acne: how could we improve care to reduce the burden? Br J Dermatol 2021;184:219–225.